Monday, July 28, 2008

Flip-Flops: I Don't Get It

Call me old-fogey, but I just don't get it with the wearing of flip-flops on city streets. I mean, ain't all them gurlz afraid they'll get germs?!? I would be! Wearing flip-flops on city streets makes for some NASTY feet, and there ain't no way around it. Then, as if the nastiness factor isn't enough, there's the very real possibility of injury. When you wear flip-flops yo little mostly nekkid foot is exposed to all sorts of danger. Lastly, as if those two aren't good enough reasons for shoeing up, what happens when you gotta RUN? I realize that that occasion seldom arises, but when it does, then, ya know, Girl, ya gotta RUN! And in that situation, flip-flops just don't cut it. So, in the interest of cleanliness. safety and speed, this girl's keeping her flip-flops on the indoors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as an AVID flip flopper i will attest that i will not wear flops in he city because of the very reasons you've pointed out here. once though, my luggage got lost in Paris and i was in Holland. had to spend FOUR days in AMSTERDAM wearing flip flops! my feet were so ugly by the end of the week that one of my traveling partners took a picture of them and emailed it to all our friends.

Thurza Golightly said...

Dear Edna Earl,
After reading your opinion of flip flops, I'd love to hear what you think of thong underwear.

Your fan,
Thurza Golightly

Cathy said...

Dear Thurza,
Thong underwear? Don't even get me started! I mean, what is the POINT? Ol' Edna Earl would more likely GO NEKKID in the underwear department than run the risk of gettin' herself all tangled up in a bunch of skinny STRAPS! Different subject, Thurza, but I've just gotta ask -- Are you any kin to Holly? Just wonderin'. EE

Cathy said...

And, oh, yeah, Thurza -- Welcome to the blogosphere. I look forward to reading your posts. EE